Seeking Compensation for Burn Injuries
Anyone who has suffered from even a minor burn understands how painful it can be to have burn injuries. When severe burn injuries occur, they can be not only painful, but cause permanent scarring, disfigurement and loss of sensation and emotional trauma.
At Gelber & O’Connell, LLC, we represent individuals who suffer serious injuries, including burns, due to someone else’s negligence or from a dangerous and/or defective product. Our compassionate attorneys help clients seek justice and secure the compensation they need to heal and move forward.
Types Of Burns
There are a variety of different types of burns that an individual can sustain, including:
- Chemical burns: Caused by contact with strong acids or alkaloids, such as bleach, paint thinner and plumbing products
- Electrical burns: Caused by electrical current from an outlet, cord or appliance
- Scald burns: Caused by hot liquids or steam, such as scalding water or a hot drink
- Thermal burns: Caused by contact with flames, steam, hot liquids or hot objects, such as irons
Burns are classified by breaking these painful injuries into the following three categories:
- First-degree burns: Affecting the outer layer of skin and causing redness, pain and sometimes swelling
- Second-degree burns: Extending to the second layer of skin, causing blisters as well as severe pain and swelling
- Third-degree burns: Reaching the third layer of skin, appearing black and leathery often destroying nerve endings
If you or a loved one has suffered a severe burn injury due to someone else’s negligence, the attorneys at Gelber & O’Connell, LLC will meet with you for a no-cost consultation to discuss your injuries and how we can help you reach the best resolution possible.