Pursuing Compensation for Injuries Caused by Car Defects
There is always a risk on the road, but few people consider that the greatest threat may come from the vehicle itself. Poor design, manufacturing error or inadequate warnings can cause catastrophic injuries and even death.
At Gelber & O’Connell, an established personal injury law firm in Buffalo, we are committed to holding the companies that design, build and sell motor vehicles liable for negligence that steals lives and harms innocent victims. Our dedicated attorneys are zealous advocates who fight not only to secure compensation for clients, but also to help them find justice.
At Gelber & O’Connell, we represent clients who have been injured by a number of defective automotive products, including:
- Tires — Recalls of defective tires by carmakers are not uncommon and point to a larger problem with tire safety. If you believe faulty tires caused the accident that injured you, we encourage you to talk with us about your case.
- Air bags — If an air bag doesn’t deploy when it is supposed to, or deploys improperly, the result can be devastating to the driver and any front-seat passengers. Our law firm can help you assert your rights after a car accident involving a potentially defective air bag.
- Seat belts — Properly working seat belts are crucial for the safety of vehicle occupants in the event of a crash. If a seat belt didn’t work and the result was injury or death, we can explain your legal options for seeking rightful compensation.
- Brakes — As braking systems add more advanced technology, they may become more apt to break down. If that happens due to a defect and an accident results, we can help you hold the responsible parties accountable.
- Fuel tanks — Sometimes car manufacturers make vehicles with fuel tanks that have an unreasonable tendency to produce gas fires upon collisions. If this has happened to you or a member of your family, we are prepared to investigate what happened and assert your legal rights.
- Electronics — When a car’s electronic system fails, it can leave the driver helpless to avoid a crash. Our law firm stands ready to help you pick up the pieces.
Our seasoned product liability lawyers have built a track record of success advocating on behalf of clients during settlement through negotiations and in complex litigation. We have the resources, experience and skill necessary to take on large automobile manufacturers, suppliers and dealerships in order to secure the compensation our clients deserve for their:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Product damage
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
We care deeply about our clients and want the best for them. That is why our team goes above and beyond to exceed client expectations with individual attention and unrivaled personal service. Not only does this provide our clients with the support they need during a difficult time, but it also enables us to build stronger, personalized cases that highlight the unique needs of each client.
Contact a dedicated and compassionate lawyer today
To arrange for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney at Gelber & O'Connell, LLC, contact us at 716-633-5050. Or, if you prefer, complete this form and one of our lawyers will contact you.