Pursuing Rightful Compensation After a Drunk Driving Accident
Every year, thousands of people lose their lives in auto accidents that are completely preventable. When individuals get behind the wheel after drinking, they are putting innocent people at risk and need to be held accountable for their actions. At Gelber & O’Connell, LLC, we are passionate about fighting for individuals who have been injured in drunk driving accidents. Our caring attorneys are skilled at helping clients collect the compensation they need to heal and move forward after a serious car crash.
Criminal DUI or DWI charges won’t provide you with the compensation you need to cover medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. That is why it is important to retain a personal injury law firm who understands both the criminal and civil aspects of seeking recovery from a negligent drunk driver. At Gelber & O’Connell, LLC we have relationships with the local law enforcement community and work with them to obtain evidence and witness statements to support a claim for monetary damages from a drunk driver.
Lawyers Who are with You Every Step of the Way
The ripple effects of a serious car crash can touch every area of your life. At Gelber & O’Connell, LLC, we take the time to learn about what that means for each of our clients. Then, we offer advice that is tailored to the unique needs of our clients so that their best interests are always at the center of every decision we make.
We know how stressful the time can be following an accident. That is why we go above and beyond to make the legal process as easy and stress-free as possible. Our attorneys are available to answer your questions and to explain your options every step of the way. You don’t have to do this alone — we can help.
Benefits of Working With a Car Accident Attorney
If you or a member of your family has been injured in an accident involving a drunk driver, seeking compensation from insurance companies can be a time-consuming process. Hiring a car accident attorney can improve your chances of success while allowing you to focus on more immediate concerns. Our team can help you in the following ways:
- Collecting Evidence: In the immediate aftermath of an accident, you might not have the resources or full understanding to determine the necessary paperwork and information you need to submit your claim. We can gather important evidence you need, such as witness statements, police reports, vehicle information, medical records, expert witness reports, and more. This helps to prove liability and calculate the amount of compensation you deserve.
- Handling Paperwork: Pursuing an insurance claim involves strict deadlines and an enormous amount of paperwork. We handle all of that so you can focus on your recovery while trusting that everything is submitted on time.
- Managing Communication: We will conduct and manage all legal and insurance-based communication on your behalf; this effort can be time-consuming if you try to handle it yourself, so allowing our car accident attorney to take care of it makes the process much easier on you.
- Calculating Damages: We can help determine whether any offers from the insurance company are appropriate for your needs and, if necessary, negotiate for a more fair and reasonable settlement.
- Negotiating on Your Behalf: Our firm will represent your interests throughout the process, working hard to make sure you receive the compensation to which you are entitled.
If you would like to schedule a consultation with Western New York’s trusted car accident attorneys, don’t hesitate to reach out to our office today!
Personal Injury Attorneys for Drunk Driving Accidents in Buffalo, Amherst, Niagara Falls, NY & Surrounding Areas of Western NY
Drunk Driving in New York State.
In the State of New York, anyone who has a blood alcohol content (BAC) level of 0.08 or higher is considered to be driving under the influence. In commercial vehicles, the legal limit is 0.04. These legal limits are measured by a breathalyzer or blood test done by the police or a medical professional. In addition, the testimony of a police officer about the way someone drives, their appearance and/or their behavior when arrested also provides further evidence.
If you’re a victim of a drunk driving accident, having the right personal injury attorney to investigate the claim is extremely important for you to obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
At Gelber & O’Connell LLC, our attorneys have years of experience with handling drunk driving cases and we’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensatory damages for our clients. If you’re a victim of a drunk driving accident, contact our car accident attorneys today. We are proud to serve clients in Lancaster, Cheektowaga, West Seneca, Clarence, Niagara Falls, Tonawanda, Amherst, NY and the surrounding areas.