Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Serving Amherst, Cheektowaga, Clarence, Lancaster, Niagara Falls, West Seneca & the Entire WNY Area
Motorcyclists, even those who wear helmets and all other safety gear, are much more vulnerable to injury than occupants of automobiles. Riders often suffer serious injuries in collisions caused by the negligence of car or truck drivers. As a biker, you deserve representation from a team of personal injury attorneys who understand how to succeed with motorcycle accident injury claims.
In the Cheektowaga, Clarence, Lancaster, and West Seneca, NY area, you will find those attorneys at Gelber & O’Connell, LLC. As a trusted motorcycle accident attorney completely dedicated to helping injured people, we have the experience, resources and skill needed to take on even the most challenging cases. Our WNY personal injury lawyers have been recognized by New York State Super Lawyers and the Best Lawyers in America and are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Blending results, reputation and kind, caring service, we are ready to guide you through your motorcycle accident claim.
Our Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Won’t Let the Vehicle Driver Blame You
Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys understand that one of the greatest challenges facing bike crash victims is the common sentiment that somehow motorcyclists are responsible for their accidents. Many people tend to place blame on the rider, assuming that he or she was at least partially at fault. Insurance companies are well-aware of this sentiment and often try to take advantage of it.
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Gelber & O’Connell, LLC, will work diligently to overcome these difficulties. By retaining accident reconstruction experts, investigators and other respected experts, we build solid cases to show insurance companies that our motorcycle clients deserve full and fair compensation. Trust our dedicated personal injury lawyers to not back down in the face of insurance company tactics.
Motorcycle Accident Claims are Different
In Cheektowaga, Clarence, Lancaster, West Seneca, and all of New York, people injured in car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents must suffer a serious injury, as defined by statute, in order to be able to file a lawsuit. This rule does not apply to motorcycle accident victims. Therefore, even if your injuries are not as serious as those required for auto accident victims, you may still be entitled to compensation. Our motorcycle accident attorneys represent riders who have suffered:
- Head and brain injuries/concussions — Any time a head injury is involved, the consequences can be very serious. Our law firm is skilled in handling cases involving concussions and traumatic brain injury (TBI).We know how sensitive these cases are and will respond accordingly.
- Broken bones/fractures — Broken bones or fractures can really disrupt your daily life. If your break or fracture was caused by another person’s negligence, we can help you pursue rightful compensation to get your life back on track.
- Whiplash and soft tissue injuries — Sometimes, there is more to an injury than is immediately visible to the eye. It is important that injuries beneath the skin are not neglected as you heal from your injuries.
- Burns and road rash — Road rash or burns from a motorcycle crash can all be serious. We can guide you through the process of seeking compensation for burn injuries, skin abrasions and other associated harm.
- Neck and back injuries — An injury to your back or neck is always of concern. It could involve pain or, in severe cases of spinal injury, paralysis.
Our team of knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorneys are familiar with the helmet laws in New York state and all types of motorcycles, including sport/cruiser bikes.
Role of Insurance in Motorcycle Accident Injury Cases
Another important way in which motorcycle claims differ from car accident claims is that injured riders are not covered by No-Fault insurance, which is the trade-off for not having to suffer a “serious” injury in order to bring a claim. Auto accident victims are automatically eligible to receive up to $50,000 from their own insurers, regardless of fault. Motorcyclists do not have this benefit, so they typically have to file a lawsuit to recover any type of compensation. When you visit Gelber & O’Connell, LLC, our personal injury lawyers will analyze your accident and give you an honest opinion about the potential viability of your motorcycle injury claim.
To get started with the motorcycle injury claim process, we welcome you to contact our offices today to schedule a free initial consultation. Our motorcycle accident attorney would be happy to help guide you through your case and seek maximum compensation for your injuries. We proudly serve bikers throughout the WNY region, including the communities of Buffalo, Amherst, Lancaster, Cheektowaga, West Seneca, Clarence, North Tonawanda, Tonawanda, and Niagara Falls, NY.