Serious Injury & Death
While it only takes a fleeting moment of negligence to cause a traumatic injury, the effects of a serious injury or the death of a loved one can last forever. After a serious injury occurs, it is in the best interest of the injured person and his or her family members to seek out the counsel of a skilled personal injury trial lawyer.
At Gelber & O’Connell, LLC, our compassionate, experienced lawyers are committed to helping injury victims and the families of wrongful death victims. We have the expertise and have achieved successful results for our clients throughout our years of practice. For more information, see our results.
What Type of Injury is Involved in Your Case?
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, or you have lost a family member due to negligence, you can rely on us to handle your legal claim while you focus on healing. We pursue personal injury claims involving a variety of catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Spine, neck and back injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Shock and electrocution
- Wrongful death
- Scarring and disfigurement
Our law firm works closely with our clients, as well as with professional experts, to determine what kinds of compensation will be necessary in the short term and long into the future. In addition to covering initial medical treatment, we will fight aggressively for a settlement or verdict that provides the necessary resources for physical therapy, in-home treatment or other services that are needed, in addition to compensating our clients for their pain and suffering and any lost wages.
Why It’s Worth Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney for Serious Injury or Death of a Loved One
- Knowledge of the Law: Wrongful death attorneys have years of experience handling a variety of cases. That being said, they have the knowledge to examine your case and apply it to bring justice to you or your loved one.
- They Focus on the Case, You Focus on Healing: Whether you are grieving the passing of a loved one, or you are healing from a serious injury, the last thing you want to do is go through the intricacies of the case. Making phone calls, filling out paperwork, and dealing with insurance companies can be a lot of work during this time. Let a wrongful death attorney focus on your legal rights so you can focus on healing.
- Make Sure Insurance Companies Don’t Take Advantage of You: A qualified attorney will ensure that the insurance company for the responsible party doesn’t try to take advantage of you with premature and lowball settlement offers or intimidation to get irrelevant and potentially harmful information from you. Personal injury attorneys are here to assist you through this tough time and make sure you get the justice you deserve.
Compassionate Representation for Wrongful Death Victims
The attorneys at Gelber & O’Connell, LLC, are known for their ability to successfully handle wrongful death cases, as well as empathize with families who have lost loved ones to a wrongful death. We work diligently to obtain compensation for pecuniary loss, the decedent’s conscious pain and suffering, medical and funeral costs, lost wages, lost benefits, and more.
Contact a dedicated and compassionate lawyer today
To arrange for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney at Gelber & O'Connell, LLC, contact us at 716-633-5050. Or, if you prefer, complete this form and one of our lawyers will contact you.