Spine, Neck and Back injuries
When negligence results in a traumatic spinal cord, neck or back injury, an innocent victim can be left with a lifetime of expensive medical treatment, in-home care and/or physical therapy. Even with the best treatment and the support of a loving family, things will never be the same again after a catastrophic injury. At Gelber & O’Connell, LLC, we take the time to get to know our clients and take all necessary steps to obtain results that compensate them for their spine & back injuries. We seek full damages, such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
Serious Representation For Serious Injuries
The lawyers at our firm understand how traumatic it can be to suffer a neck, back or spinal cord injury. You can rely on us to handle your legal issues for you while you focus on making as full a recovery as possible. We pursue personal injury claims for a variety of catastrophic injuries, including:
- Paraplegia/quadriplegia — A bad car accident or other injury caused by another person’s negligence or wrongful conduct can leave you with varying degrees of paralysis. Our law firm has the strong litigation skills to help you pursue rightful compensation.
- Nerve damage — Neuropathy and other neurological injuries can be very painful. Such injuries can also greatly affect your ability to carry out daily tasks. We have the experience to help you get compensation for these injuries.
- Disk damage — Herniated or bulging disks can press against your spinal cord, causing excruciating discomfort. We will make sure your injuries are documented and included in your compensation claim.
- Whiplash — Though whiplash is not a medical term, the word is widely understood to refer to injuries to the neck. Such injuries frequently occur in car accidents, especially those involving impact from the rear. They can be difficult to prove, and we work with you to obtain maximum recovery.
- Fractures — A fracture is another way to refer to a broken bone. They often occur in car accidents, but also in falls and in other ways. Fractures of the back (vertebrae) can be particularly disabling. We make sure you are properly evaluated and compensated for these injuries.
- Scarring/soft tissue injuries — A scar is visible, but soft tissue injuries involve damage to internal tissue that is beneath the skin. Our firm has a proven record of helping clients assert claims for compensation for both scarring and soft tissue damage.
Recovering from these injuries often requires extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation in addition to long-term lifestyle changes for the injury victim and his or her family members. We are strong advocates for our clients and will aggressively seek to ensure any settlement or verdict covers the full cost of recovery.