Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys Serving Buffalo, Amherst, Niagara Falls, NY & the Entire WNY Area
Slip and falls are one of the most common causes of injuries to construction workers and innocent passerby. Every year, hundreds of local people suffer torn ligaments and tendons, broken bones and back injuries from falls on dangerous and poorly maintained property.
At Gelber & O’Connell, LLC, we provide aggressive, intelligent representation for clients who have been injured on the property of others. Our slip and fall injury attorneys have built a reputation as some of the region’s most reliable and successful advocates. Over the years, our law firm has obtained millions of dollars in compensation for the injured, including numerous major successes in slip and fall and other premises liability claims.
How Did You Get Hurt?
As experienced slip and fall attorneys, we are ready to fight for the rights of those injured due to a variety of dangerous property conditions, including:
- Elevator and escalator accidents in retail stores and other establishments
- Steps or sidewalks covered in ice and snow
- Defective or poorly maintained stairways and hand railings
- Unmarked work zones
- Spilled liquids on floors
- Defective or inadequate lighting
- Uneven or cracked sidewalks and pavement
- Defects in parking lots
After someone gets badly hurt, it is common for property owners to take quick action to fix the dangerous condition. If at all possible, you should try to document, through photographs or other means, the condition that caused your accident. If the slip, trip, or fall happened at a place of business, notify the manager so that a report can be made. Such evidence will make your personal injury claim stronger.
The personal injury attorneys at Gelber & O’Connell, LLC, handle slip-and-fall cases involving both commercial and residential properties throughout the WNY region, including Buffalo, Amherst, Lancaster, Cheektowaga, West Seneca, Clarence, North Tonawanda, Tonawanda, and Niagara Falls, NY. This includes shopping centers, stores and malls, parking lots, apartment buildings and other rental property. Contact our office today to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our slip and fall injury attorneys.
What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
- Seek Medical Attention: Whether you think you are severely hurt or not, you should seek medical attention immediately. An assessment of your condition after a slip and fall accident will let you know the severity of your injuries and guide your medical treatment. The medical records will also be used to show the extent of the injuries and the damage caused to you if there is a basis for a claim.
- Report the Accident: Alert the company or person in charge of the property or establishment immediately after the accident. The person you inform needs to make a formal accident report. You should then request a copy of the report for your records.
- Contact a Slip and Fall Injury Attorney: Once you are well enough to make a phone call, you need to contact a slip and fall injury attorney. At Gelber & O’Connell LLC, our slip and fall injury attorneys will help you gather your evidence before it disappears. A slip and fall injury attorney will also ensure that you do not answer irrelevant questions that do not pertain to the injuries sustained or the incident itself. It is very important to consult a slip and fall injury attorney before you sign anything or have any settlement negotiations with the insurance company.